Flutter is Google’s mobile app SDK that consists of a framework, widgets and design tools, enabling designers and developers to build and deploy visually attractive, high-quality fast mobile apps on both Android and iOS platforms. What’s the need to develop the same app twice on both iOS and Android or go for a cross-platform app development framework that makes it difficult to get native experience that customers demand when you have Flutter? No need to compromise with the productivity, quality and user experience for your cross-platform app! Get the same native experience, advanced visuals and high-performance with a Flutter app that too at less investment and time.
What is Flutter: Let’s Know the Basics
What are the Features of Flutter
- It is based on Dart object-oriented programming language which is easy to learn and code. The architecture of Flutter is based on the reactive programming, which is similar to React Native.
- Flutter enables faster & more dynamic mobile app development due to its Hot Reload feature. Developers can make changes in the code and see them right away.
- Flutter has its own highly scalable and expressive widgets and high-performance rendering engine, which is customizable and fast.
- Flutter apps look and feel great, thanks to its readily available UI elements, animation tools and effective portable GPU rendering UI power.
- The Google Flutter has an extensive array of Integrated Development Environment, including Xcode, Visual Studio Code and Android Studio.
- Android app developers use Kotlin or Java language for app coding, whereas iOS developers use Swift or Objective C. Flutter allows developers to reuse the codes within the framework.
- The Quality Testing of apps is also faster. The developers write automatic tests only once and testers will have to check only one app.
- Flutter is also equipped with native ARM (Advanced RISC Machines) code. Google Flutter beta version readily supports Apple’s new OS version iOS 11 and iPhone X.
- Flutter is perfect for Minimum Viable Product Development. You can build a cross-platform app faster and show it to your investors.
What makes Flutter better than other cross-platform app development frameworks?
Flutter has surpassed the popularity that React Native has created with its amazing features. Here is a list of advantages that businesses get with Flutter:
- Based on Dart language which is similar to Java, developers can easily make cross-platform apps using Flutter. It is also faster and more accessible to customization.
- Flutter increases the flexibility of developers for app customization with its extensive widget library, debug, testing and hot reload capabilities.
- Flutter has Material Design widgets and Cupertino widgets, enabling designers to create impressive UIs that users will love.
- Flutter makes apps to run as fast as 60 FPS. It also makes the documentation process easier so the development process moves faster.
From the perspective of business owners looking to develop an app:
From the perspective of business owners, the crucial advantages are:
- Speedy mobile app development process
- Reduction in the costof app production
- App development with beautiful UIs and smooth animations
Flutter apps that have been developed and deployed so far….
In the short time since the launch of beta 1 version, we have seen hundreds of Flutter apps published to the app stores, across a wide variety of categories. Here are a few examples of the diversity of apps being created with Flutter:
- Hamilton Music App has been built in 3 months with 1million+ downloads so far.
- AppTree is an app that offers a low-code enterprise app platform for big brands like McDonalds, Stanford, Wayfair & Fermilab.
- The Google AdWords app has also been built in Flutter and helps you keep your ad campaigns running smoothly.
- Alibaba’s app incorporates Flutter to power some of the parts of their app.
- OfflinePal’s Flutter app collects nearby activities in one place, from concerts to hiking and tourist attractions.
New in Flutter Beta 3
Flutter Beta 3 version has been released recently with new features that complete core scenarios. Here are the new features incorporated in Flutter Beta 3:
- Dart 2 language enabled Flutter beta 3 focuses on client development. It enables a terser syntax for building Flutter UIs.
- Flutter will now support localization including right-to-left languages and for building highly-accessible applications.
- It will also support for integrating ads through Firebase. Visual Studio Code is now available as a dedicated Flutter extension.
- Flutter Beta 3 has a new first-class toolkit for Material Theme that will provide even more support for Material Design.
- Google is working to improve Flutter compatibility to include a broad range of device types, including older 32-bit size devices.
At Fuel4Media, we have been experimenting with Google’s Flutter since it was launched in May 2017. Our developers have been working on Flutter to figure out its potential and working hard for our clients to make it work even better. We have invested tens of thousands of hours on learning and modifying Flutter APIs and widget library for the development of beautiful apps.
We have a dedicated team of developers with years of experience in mobile & web app development. We can develop your next app using Flutter much faster rate and enhance your brand’s image. Contact us today to discuss your requirements.